▪ Urban Search and Rescue robot technician, operator, and trainer. Organized response team equipment and response capabilities.
▪ Deployed in the aftermath of the World Trade Center Disaster and operated robots on Ground Zero for multiple FEMA and Fire Department of New York rescue teams.
▪ Robot trainer for multiple federal, state, and local rescue agencies on the use of robots for remote reconnaissance tasks and technical search.
▪ Independently designed $100,000+ fast response vehicle and 40ft response trailer.
▪ Mastered operating, maintaining, modifying, and repairing numerous robot platforms including Inuktun Services, iRobot, RWI, ActivMedia, Khepera, and Nomadic robots.
▪ Used assembly language, C++, Java, and CORBA to program component interfaces, drivers, and behaviors for mobile robots.
▪ Grant sponsors included the National Science Foundation, DARPA TTO for Future Combat Systems, DARPA ATO for Tactical Mobile Robots, SAIC fellow, Office of Naval Research, and The Center for Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance.